Monday, October 14, 2013
over the weekend
There was this sweet moment that happened in a grassy meadow this weekend. We were out taking family pictures (portraits? but the much more casual version) somewhere just East of town. I was behind the camera taking pictures for Jaclyn and Jason at the time, when Michael grabbed my attention to check out our firstborn. She was totally absorbed in her surroundings, collecting leaves with not a care in the world. She looked so angelic and peaceful that I stood back and just smiled. I could have watched her all day.
Eventually we did have to pull her away because we were celebrating the impending arrival of the newest baby in the family, Mr. Austin Parker Kobza, with a baby shower. Ada was the hostess, so of course it was a beautiful party. No detail was left undone. And Jaclyn was a beaming mommy-to-be. Plus, it turned out to be the perfect distraction from the football game that is hard to even mention two days later.
And we finished off a productive Sunday crashed out on the living room floor, with a delicious chocolate treat. I love desserts that can be whipped up in twenty minutes. Too bad I burned off all my taste buds in the processing of devouring it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one.