I was always under the impression that once you were a mother, your birthday got overlooked. Because let's face it, most days you sacrifice your own wants and needs for those of your spouse, children, house...the list goes on and on and on. But. I happily report that I have been absolutely lavished on with gifts and affection thanks to my thoughtful hubby! Funny thing is. We swore off gifts this year for our birthdays, saying that our "new" car was it for the year. Well Michael threw that out the window when he began to give me a gift everyday for a week leading up to today! (As well as surprising me with a dinner date to a fancy restaurant in town.) A dry-fit pullover, remote for my camera, mugs from Anthropology, an iPod shuffle, cork cutting-boards, chalkboard labels for my pantry... fun fun fun! But when it comes down to it, gifts are not the point. The point is, God gave me someone special when he gave me Michael. I am so happy to celebrate another birthday with him by my side! Thanks for making me feel so loved and appreciated, Michael.
And while we are celebrating how blessed I am... One year ago today I laid eyes on my little princess Addison for the first time! I was a few months pregnant and had yet to hear that reassuring sound of my baby's heartbeat for two consecutive doctor appointments (in those early weeks of pregnancy it can be difficult to hear) . So, my wonderful doctor promised that I wouldn't leave the office that day without at least a little reassurance. After all, it was my birthday! So she left the office and returned with an ultrasound machine. And sure enough, my healthy baby appeared on the screen right away. Tiny beating heart and all :)
Today I'll spend my day with my girls. Thanking God for every day I have with them! It has been a wonderful year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one.