Tuesday, May 28, 2013

8 Weeks - Addison


I took Addison in for her 8 week check-up (a couple weeks ago now), and I can't believe how quickly she's growing! My baby isn't a tiny baby anymore. Wow, it happens fast. Here are her 2 month stats:

Height: 22 inches
Weight: 11 pounds 14 ounces

She is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Praise the Lord for a healthy, growing girl!

In the past three weeks Addison has really started to make strides in her mental development as well. She has started "talking" to me a lot. Cooing and making all of those super sweet baby sounds. She responds to my voice and is quite a little darling! Her eyes light up and she smiles when I lean in and talk to her. It is just THE BEST! It definitely makes those tough first 7-8 weeks worth it all. Because of all of those late night walks around the house with her, all of those feelings around the clock, and cuddles when she was just too fussy to see straight, she knows me and knows that I take care of her. And I hope she knows how much I love her and just how happy those smiles make me. Motherhood is unlike anything else. It is so hard at times, but sooooo rewarding.  I think we have finally "turned the corner."  Now during her awake times, she isn't fussy and crying but smiley and talkative instead.  It's like she has learned that she has a pretty good life and wants to enjoy it ;-) Yay!

And I can't not mention Zoey. She has continued to adapt as the big sister. She constantly wants to pat on Addy, and give her hugs and kisses. She loves to give her a blanket, a burp rag, or even her elephant at times. And she seeks my approval in all of her actions. She has such a tender heart.  Zoey has also started to repeat more and more words, and it seems like she will be really talking in no time. I mean, she already "talks" all day long.  It will just be fun when we can actually decipher all of her words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one.