I decided that Michael and I needed a date night after my trip to LA, and last weekend I made sure that it happened!
I called "Aunt Jac," who agreed to watch Zoey for the evening, and told Michael not to make plans for Friday. My first attempt at a dinner reservation failed because the place (which will remain nameless in case the hubs decides to read this...) was booked solid. I'll try again next time and will remember to call a week in advance! So, plan B was the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant in OKC.
We had a great time. Dinner was good and the company was even better! We both had a good time. It's funny how much more I enjoy a meal when I don't feel the need to scarf it down pronto!
We started with a spinach artichoke cheese fondue served with an assortment of breads, apples, and raw vegetables, meanwhile I sipped on a glass of Pinot grigio. That was followed up with a California spinach salad with candied pecans and a Rasberry vinaigrette. The entree of sirloin, ahi tuna, shrimp, chicken and teriyaki steak was "fondued" in a citrus mojo broth along with a variety of vegetables. And just in case that wasn't enough food for the two of us, dessert was a banana foster chocolate fondue, which was served with brownie bites, cheesecake, rice krispie treats (favorite!), and two different types of marshmallows. Yikes.
Since we dined on a four-course meal, it was closing in on 10 o'clock by the time we finished up, so we decided to pick up Zoey and call it a night. Especially because even if Zoey decided to sleep all night (and let's face it, that never happens), she'd still be our alarm clock at 6:30 am Saturday morning! ;-)
I love my little family.
The melting pot without me??? Maybe next time...haha...miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete