Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Bliss

I've always loved weekends, but now even more. Because weekends mean family time! And family time does this lady's heart good. After surviving two weeks of work and daycare I think I almost have a routine down during the week, for which I'm very thankful. Otherwise, I probably would still be the emotional wreck that I was the first week back.

Have you ever had a week where you feel tested from every angle? Like Satan has specifically targeted you and will stop at nothing to steal your joy? That was me during my first week back at work. For starters, leaving Zoey at daycare was the hardest thing I'd ever faced. Couple that with the fact that a few different occurrences left me very unhappy with the daycare as a whole, and I was ready to pull her out before I even had a backup plan. Keep in mind that I'm still not used to these... let's call them "mommy hormones," that leave me crying over the tiniest thing! So for three days I was an emotional basket case, and poor Michael didn't know what to do with me. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out working full-time while still not sleeping through the night, etc. Then, Thursday night I come down with food poisoning. It hit me hard, from both ends. Ugh. I barely had energy to lift myself out of bed, much less care for a newborn and drag myself to work. And as if that's not enough, I get a statement in the mail from the DoD. It's time to start paying back my four years of out-of-state college tuition. Fantastic. Gotta love the timing.

So all that to say, I'm not perfect. I felt overwhelmed and frustrated. It was difficult to see the good in any situation, and I was exhausted. I'm so thankful for prayers from my family and the support of a good friend who cares. Because we made it through, and that no fun week is now behind us. And I'd like to think I'm back to myself. Praise the Lord that He doesn't abandon His children in moments of weakness. If only I was better at resting in His strength.

So, back to our weekend. Michael, Zoey and I have enjoyed a whole lotta nothing for the past two days. And it has been wonderful. I know we can't always be lazy and unproductive, but today I'm ok with it. I love my little family! Okay, so that's a bit of an understatement.

And now, what everyone really wants to see - - pictures of Miss Zoey. I snapped a few of the two of us on this lazy Sunday afternoon. Can't you tell that her little personality is coming out more and more? My little darling.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one.